August 26 event highlights how to utilize network platforms to implement machine-to-machine solutions.
TMC and Crossfire Media today announced that five new companies – Amdocs, Eurotech, Gemalto, ThingWorx and Xively – have joined the list of companies participating in the third Battle of the Platforms event at the M2M Evolution Conference on Monday, August 26, at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Battle of the Platforms is a half-day event that provides an exciting opportunity to hear and see cutting-edge platform solutions from leading companies poised to help companies manage and deliver M2M (machine-to-machine) solutions.
With nine companies currently slated to take part, the competition is open to all conference attendees and will answer questions as they relate to the overall M2M market impact, market leaders and market competitors. Participants include:
- Aeris, which, through its cellular network designed and built exclusively for machines, helps companies rolling out new services to leverage M2M connectivity.
- Amdocs, which offers a pre-packaged, pre-configured end-to-end solution based on production-proven technology that allows service providers to quickly onboard and support partners offering M2M applications.
- Etherios, developers of the Device Cloud, which gives companies the ability to drive productivity while keeping costs low.
- Eurotech, whose M2M cloud solution simplifies device and data management by connecting distributed devices over secure and reliable cloud sources.
- Gemalto, which provides M2M security, flexible subscription management, service enablement and an application enablement platform.
- ILS Technology, which provides a ready-to-use, off-the-shelf platform to connect enterprise IT systems to the devices and machines on which businesses depend.
- QNAP, which is aimed at improving business efficiency on file sharing, virtualized applications, storage management and surveillance in business environments.
- ThingWorx, which provides the first platform designed to efficiently build and run the applications of today’s connected world.
- Xively, a Platform as a Service that provides everything you need to simplify and accelerate the creation of compelling connected products and solutions.
Competitors will be judged by James Brehm, senior strategist with Compass Intelligence, and Carl Ford, co-founder of Crossfire Media.
Platform categories include:
- Best Horizontal Implementation
- Best Vertical Implementation
- Best Provisioning
- Best Application Development Environment
- Best Enabling Non-Platform Technology or Offering
- Overall Best Platform
“Battle of the Platforms provides a forum for business executives to see solutions across industries and learn how they can be adapted for their own,” said Carl Ford, CEO at Crossfire Media and M2M Evolution vice president of content.
“The beauty of using platforms is you can deploy a “Write Once Use Many” strategy that includes cloud, big data and often has incredible ROI.”
Registration for M2M Evolution, including Battle of the Platforms, is now open. M2M World News readers get a 20% discount registering here with code WRLD.