Brings Home Best CEO, Best Platform, Best Partner and Ecosystem Builder, Best Acquisition, Company to Watch, and IoT Event Honors.
PTC today announced it won multiple honors in the 4th Annual Postscapes Internet of Things (IoT) Awards, claiming nearly a third of all awards made, including CEO of the Year, Best Platform (ThingWorx® Development Platform), Best Partner and Ecosystem Builder, Best Acquisition (ThingWorx and Axeda), Must Follow IoT Company (ThingWorx), and IoT Event honors (LiveWorx; next held May 5-7, 2015, Boston, MA). The scope of awards conferred on PTC and its recent acquisitions – ThingWorx and Axeda – demonstrate the strength of the company’s ability to enable its customers to capture the value opportunities presented by the IoT.
“These awards collectively are recognition of PTC’s overall IoT strategy,” said Jim Heppelmann, president and CEO, PTC.
“From thought leadership business frameworks to technology to partnerships to events to acquisitions, PTC is focused on giving companies the tools and technology needed to connect their products and create the applications that will empower them, and their customers, to thrive in this new world. These awards validate the strength of our vision, leadership and product offerings.”
The Postscapes IoT Awards highlight and celebrate the year’s best projects, companies and ideas helping to create the IoT. PTC won awards in the following categories as described by Postscapes:
- CEO of the Year. An exceptional company is a collective effort, but sometimes a visionary executive can elevate one player above the competition. Jim Heppelmann has set the vision and strategy for PTC to continually lead in the IoT era. From acquisitions to product technology to being a co-author of a visionary IoT piece in Harvard Business Review, Jim Heppelmann continues to demonstrate he is a leader.
- Technical Enabler: Platform and Tools. Well-designed technology may be indistinguishable from magic, but that belies all the hard work and creativity that went on under the hood. The Technical Enabler awards acknowledge the elements that make it easier for everyone, from garage hobbyists to tech giants, to develop new products and services for the IoT. The ThingWorx Application Platform won this award because it enables companies to build and deploy IoT applications and connected solutions across all major industries as well as IoT applications including smart cities, smart agriculture and smart transportation.
- Partner and Ecosystem Builder of the Year. Far more than a scattering of standalone products, the Internet of Things is a tightly-woven fabric in which lots of products and services work together organically. The Partner and Ecosystem Builder award goes to organizations that leverage industry connections to champion cooperation and interoperability. PTC delivers technology solutions that transform the way companies create, operate and service their products. PTC solutions enable manufacturers to achieve Product and Service Advantage in a smart, connected world.
- Acquisition of the Year. Consolidation is inevitable in any growing industry, and this year the IoT land grab was in full swing. This award highlights the shrewdest and smartest deals that went down in 2014. In less than one year, PTC quickly scaled to a dominant position of IoT leadership in helping manufacturers seize the opportunity presented by a smart, connected world through its acquisitions of ThingWorx and Axeda.
- Must-Follow IoT Company. Whether they’ve been in the IoT business for years or are just getting started, some companies seem to have captured more than their fair share of attention this year. The Must-Follow Company award commends the teams that have us all on the edge of our seats, wondering what they’ll come up with next. ThingWorx, a PTC business, is the first platform designed to build and run the applications of the connected world. From Smart Cows to Smart Traffic to Smart Agriculture, it’s being used in ways that have never been previously discovered.
- Event of the Year. Conferences, expos and symposiums bring the community of connected technology innovators together. The gatherings that have the greatest impact on the IoT are distinguished with the Event of the Year award. LiveWorx, being held May 5-7, 2015 in Boston, MA will be the largest industry event for IoT leaders. This conference will be filled with customer-focused business and technical sessions, plus valuable network opportunities for attendees to help shape the future of IoT.
“The Annual IoT Awards were developed to honor and recognize industry leaders that are advancing the IoT industry,” said Trevor Harwood, founder, Postscapes. “PTC made some impressive strategic maneuvers to position itself as a leader in connected products and services. The voting results clearly reflected that and we are looking forward to watching the company closely in the coming years.”
IoT in Action Nuremberg
Only a few days left to register and join us at the IoT in Action event in Nuremberg (Germany)!
Don’t wait, register for free now.
February 25, 2019