RF Monolithics, Inc. today announced a substantial price reduction for their industry leading, ultra low-power Wi-Fi module.
The pre-certified module comes with full-function, ready to use firmware has a new MSRP of $39 for single piece quantity. Volume discounts are also available.
“Through improved manufacturing and increased production volumes, RFM is able to make the industry’s easy to integrate, fastest time to market, low power Wi-Fi module even more affordable” commented Tim Cutler, RFM’s director of business development for M2M business.
“Now having a module that requires no programming, no-coprocessor, and no FCC certification testing is now on par price-wise with modules that require much more effort to integrate and use. And with auto-reporting functions, built-in serial-to-Wi-Fi features, and years of battery life, the WSN delivers all the features that are in demand.”
Even though it utilizes the latest in low-power Wi-Fi technology, the WSN802G still delivers all the in-demand features for leveraging existing Wi-Fi infrastructure including:
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g based module allowing easy integration to existing Wi-Fi access points
- Multiple analog, digital, UART and SPI interfaces with auto-reporting and sleep mode
- WPA2 and 802.11x secure encryption to protect sensitive data sent wirelessly
- Variable data rates from 1 Mbps to 11 Mbps allowing for flexible designs
- Low sleep current provides operation for up to 5 years on a single AA battery
- Auto-reporting eliminates need for applications to poll – simplifying design
- Transparent Serial to Wi-Fi data transmission
- Ready-to-use out of the box – no programming or external processor needed
- Pinned and surface mount versions as well as chip antenna versions available
- FCC, Canadian IC and ETSI certified
RFM offers one of the broadest ranges of wireless sensor networking platforms in the market. Design engineers looking for RF module solutions look to RFM first as it has earned a reputation for outstanding support of the integration of their technology. In addition to the WSN802G battery-powered Wi-Fi products, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth combination modules, RFM’s M2M portfolio includes battery-powered WirelessHARTTM, ZigBee® / 802.15.4, Proprietary Mesh, and Proprietary FHSS RF modules and boxed radios.
RF Monolithics, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a provider of solutions-driven, technology-enabled wireless connectivity for a broad range of wireless applications—from individual standardized and custom components to modules for comprehensive industrial wireless sensor networks and machine-to-machine (M2M) technology. For more information on RF Monolithics, Inc., please visit the Company’s website at www.RFM.com.