Wyless, the leading global M2M managed services provider, is proud to announce the launch of Porthos™ 2.0, a major new release of its powerful web-based M2M management platform.
This landmark release delivers a wealth of new features, faster performance and a greatly enhanced user experience.
“As the needs of our M2M customers have evolved, so has our management software. Talking to our customers and partners was a crucial part of the design process for Porthos 2.0,” said Dan McDuffie, CEO of Wyless. “We have made dramatic improvements across the board, with a focus on usability, speed and complete flexibility and control.”
Selected new features and enhancements:
- Porthos™ 2.0 sports a brand new user interface, completely redesigned to offer improved navigation and a cleaner, clearer display of information. Many common tasks have been streamlined.
- A redesigned activations and provisioning system will enable “self-serve” end-user activations across multiple GSM and CDMA operators for enterprise partners, improving efficiency and customer convenience while reducing management overheads.
- The powerful alerting system includes a new geo-fencing feature that can trigger alerts or restrict usage when a wireless device moves between predefined geographical areas. And a new “auto-upgrade” feature will move connections onto a higher price plan when usage exceeds preset thresholds, thus minimizing overage costs.
- The platform, which is available in several licensing models for large enterprises and MNOs, is now scalable to a potentially unlimited number of devices.
- The user experience has been improved when accessing Porthos from iPads, Android tablets and other mobile devices such as smartphones.
- The already-powerful API features have been further enhanced for customers who integrate management functionality directly into their M2M applications.
- Comprehensive context help and online documentation will be available directly within the application.
“Porthos 1.0 was already at the forefront of M2M management technologies – this release takes it to a whole new level. Porthos 2.0 is a visible demonstration of our commitment to our customers and partners, and reaffirms our position as a leader and pioneer in the M2M space,” said Dan McDuffie. “This is the first in a series of enhancements coming from our innovative Wyless Software Group, which will be over 35 people strong by the end of the year.”
Wyless is the leading global M2M managed services provider. Our resilient platform, delivered in partnership with the world’s largest network operators, provides secure, reliable communications with wireless devices in over 120 countries. Powerful management tools offer real-time reporting and control over all devices connected to our network. Wyless delivers a comprehensive suite of managed services with unrivalled expertise, professional support and competitive pricing. We enable our customers and partners to deploy M2M applications and services faster, cheaper and more effectively.
For more information about Wyless, please contact: