Eleven Automotive OEMs turn to Jasper and its operator partners to power in-vehicle services.
Jasper Wireless, the leading connected devices platform powering the mobile Internet of Things, today announced the availability of the Jasper Connected Car Cloud. Designed expressly for automotive OEMs, it enables leading automotive brands to transform the connected experience inside the vehicle for driver and passenger. From diagnostics, safety and security, to on-board infotainment systems, apps and Wi-Fi hotspot services, the Jasper Connected Car Cloud has been selected by 11 automotive OEMs worldwide. According to forecasts from automotive research firm SBD, the global market for connected cars will be worth €39 billion by 2018, up from €13 billion in 2012.
The Jasper Connected Car Cloud and Jasper Platform, widely recognized as the first choice for automotive OEMs and enterprises deploying IoT, is available via 15 mobile operator groups representing over 100 countries worldwide.
With Jasper Connected Car Cloud, automobile manufacturers can benefit from:
- Jasper Control Center – the world’s leading connected device platform, cloud-based to enable enterprises to flexibly manage IoT services, providing operational automation, real-time diagnostics and innovative rate plan management
- Global SIM – the first end-to-end solution enabling manufacturers to manage a single SIM worldwide, while maintaining local service from local operators
- Split Billing – enabling highly differentiated service business models by deploying a variety of different service, rating and billing policies all through a single SIM and modem inside the vehicle
- Third Party Rating – bringing to life new business models that allow third parties to be charged for data consumption inside the vehicle, relevant to the location and preferences of the car’s occupants
- Automated Lifecycle Management – managing services, policies and rate plans for all product lifecycle stages from manufacturing to dealer sales to resale and vehicle destruction
“With more than 40 million cellular modem-equipped cars shipping annually by 2020, car makers are looking for flexible, scalable, global platforms for deploying connected services on a single SIM,” said Roger C. Lanctot, associate director in the Global Automotive Practice of Strategy Analytics.
“Jasper is a leader in delivering these kinds of ‘pre-standard’ capabilities and is helping to define and enable new connected vehicle business propositions.”
Scott Barkley, VP Products, Jasper, said:
“The whole concept of the ‘family car’ has changed. It’s no longer just about how many people and bags you can fit in the car, but how the whole in-car experience can be tailored to each person before, during and after each journey.”
“Whether it is movies streamed over LTE to keep passengers entertained or driver safety and road traffic information, OEMs need the flexibility to be able to innovate with different business models, content partners and rating plans. And they need to do this globally, all backed by powerful and high quality networks.”
“In-car connectivity has gone beyond cars being paired with mobile phones to the point where are now performing as standalone platforms for broadband content and services,” said Jamie Moss, Senior Analyst, Informa.
“Mobile operators and auto OEMs will not only provide access to familiar content in a format and manner appropriate for use within a vehicle, but also the delivery of specialized, vehicle-specific services. Critically for mass market adoption, LTE connectivity is being built into models of vehicle designed for all price brackets as part of the automobile manufacturers’ 2015 ranges. LTE has gone beyond simply being an extra option for luxury cars – it’s now a crucial part of the consumer experience.”
Automotive connectivity business models will vary from market to market, and from OEM to OEM – there is no one-size-fits-all approach with the connected car. Whether the stakeholders involved want to use standard subscription services, pay-as-you-go or more sophisticated two-sided business models, the Jasper Connected Car Cloud provides total flexibility and transparency on rating and billing for all services. It provides complete operational control of wireless services, including rules-drive business process automation, global web service APIs, and supports rating and billing for all services, including both split and third party rating models.