AT&T is using the power of the tiny Global SIM card to help global companies do more.
Multi-national companies can wirelessly connect, manage and support connected and M2M devices around the world using an enhanced, single SIM solution from AT&T Mobility that meets the GSMA specifications for multi-profile SIMs.
In 2012, AT&T announced a worldwide platform solution featuring a single SIM. The SIM, combined with the AT&T Control Center, its service management platform, helps companies streamline device deployment around the world. The solution helped reduce the need for multiple device SKUs and simplifies logistics support and provided industry with the vast, reliable M2M wireless service where it does business.
Today AT&T is proud to announce that its single SIM solution meets the new GSMA specifications for the use of multiple operator profiles on a single SIM.
Chris Penrose, senior vice president, AT&T Emerging Devices, said:
“Our Global SIM enables the internet of things for companies that need to connect devices, machines, or cars with a single platform around the world. We’re the first carrier to announce a global SIM designed to meet GSMA specifications, and we are leading the industry into the future of connected devices.”
AT&T’s global SIM provides:
- Global service management platform with advanced diagnostic tools, smart process automation, machine monitoring, and alert/response capabilities.
- Global wireless M2M connectivity with access to hundreds of carriers worldwide.
- Integrated compatibility with global networks.
- Flexible solutions that provide best-in-class services.
- Designed and built to the GSMA specification for remote provisioning.
The enhanced global SIM is available in select markets.
For more information on the GSMA’s Embedded SIM project visit http://www.gsma.com/connectedliving/embedded-sim/