At their 18th Technical Plenary meeting, oneM2M’s members agreed on plans for the second release of oneM2M specifications.
Advancing oneM2M Specifications; New Deployment Capabilities
Release 1 of the oneM2M specifications was delivered in January 2015 (see www.onem2m.org/release1). This set of 10 specifications covered requirements, architecture, APIs, mappings to common industry protocols, security and management, abstraction and semantics.
Work on Release 2 began immediately on delivery of Release 1. Ten new specifications have been identified for Release 2, in addition to updates of the existing Release 1 specifications, driving deployment of the following features:
- Enablement of Industrial Domain (“Smart Factories”) and of Home Domain (“Smart Home”)
- Dynamic authorization and end to end security
- Semantic interoperability
- oneM2M as generic interworking framework (incl. support for OMA LWM2M, AllJoyn and OIC)
- Application developer APIs and guidelines
Release 2 of oneM2M is planned for delivery in autumn 2016. In parallel with the development of Release 2, a revised set of Release 1 specifications is in preparation to take account of early implementation experience. These will be released in autumn 2015.
The latest draft oneM2M specifications for Release 2 and the revised Release 1 are available at: http://www.onem2m.org/technical/latest-drafts