The most distance with less power : TI’s SimpleLink™ Sub-1 GHz CC1310 wireless MCUs now available with the lowest power and high RF performance for the IoT.
Texas Instruments (TI) today announced the availability of the next device in the SimpleLink™ ultra-low power platform, designed to help customers easily add ultra-low power, long-range connectivity to their Internet of Things (IoT) designs. The new SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC1310 wireless microcontrollers (MCUs) offers up to 20 years of battery life for building and factory automation, alarm and security, smart grid and wireless sensor network applications. For more information, visit www.ti.com/simplelinkulp.
Designed for ultra-low power, long-range applications, the CC1310 wireless MCUs feature:
- Extended battery life with an ultra-low power radio, integrated ARM® Cortex®-M3 MCU, sensor controller, low-power modes and 0.6 µA sleep current, as well as a top ULPBench™ score of 158
- Longer range with great sensitivity and strong coexistence that spans full-buildings to city-wide coverage for over 20 km on a coin cell battery
- Enhanced integration in a fingertip size wireless MCU that provides a small footprint with more possibilities in a single-chip, Flash-based, 4X4 QFN for your coin-cell application
TI has simplified development with the SimpleLink CC1310 wireless MCUs by providing software options to fit a developer’s needs. The software available today includes point-to-point communication examples with EasyLink and a wM-Bus protocol stack leveraging TI RTOS, as well as a Contiki 6LoWPAN mesh networking stack. Developers will also have access to development tools, reference designs, online training and E2E™ community support to help ease their design process. Additionally, TI offers scalable memory to fit developer’s code size with 32kB, 64kB, or 128kB Flash.
Pricing and availability
SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC1310 wireless MCU-based development kits are available now on the TI Store and through TI authorized distributors.
- CC1310DK: USD $299 for a complete Sub-1 GHz hardware, software and RF development platform
- CC1310EMK: $99 for two CC1310 evaluation modules, two antennas and a getting started guide
The SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC1310 wireless MCUs, for operation in 315 MHz, 433 MHz, 470 MHz, 500 MHz, 868 MHz, 915 MHz and 920 MHz ISM bands, will be available in 4×4, 5×5 and 7x7mm QFN packages.
The devices available today are for 868 MHz, 915 MHz and 920 MHz ISM bands operation and the 7×7 pricing is as follows:
- CC1310F32: $2.80 in 1,000 unit volumes
- CC1310F64: $3.20 in 1,000 unit volumes
- CC1310F128: $3.60 in 1,000 unit volumes