Longsys Technology, the leading solutions provider for the Internet of Things (IoT), just announced the world’s smallest IoT WiFi Silicon-in-package (SiP) module, LTP0201, which is designed for IoT and wearable devices that can connect to other smart devices or directly connect to the Internet for cloud-based data analytics and enhanced services.
With an amazing size of just 6mm x 6mm (only 1/10 of the IoT WiFi PCBA modules, or less), this breakthrough technology IoT SiP module integrated MCU, memory, power management and RF parts, to provide a high performance, low cost, and low power consumption solution for connected products.
The LTP0201 SiP module includes a low power 32-bit RISC MCU, on-chip SRAM and internal SPI NOR Flash, can be applied in a hostless mode (no external MCU) or hosted mode where it connects to an 8/16/32-bit microcontroller through UART/SPI, or SDIO interfaces. It also can be used with sensors and other specific application devices through its GPIOs. The LTP0201 supports 802.11 b/g/n with integrated TCP/IP protocol stack, and supports 1×1 MIMO; the time of waking up to transmit packets is within 2ms, and the standby power consumption is less than 1.0mW in DTIM3 low power mode. For security, it integrates WEP, TKIP, AES, and WAPI HW secure engines.
“Our customers requested products that could be used in size-constrained applications and still could provide enough processing power,” says Dave Pang, General Manager of Longsys Technology. “The LTP0201 is our solution for them.”
LTP3226, a WiFi + Bluetooth combo SiP, was announced together with LTP0201. It has a low power 32 bit RISC MCU, on-chip SRAM and internal SPI NOR Flash, and support 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1/BLE.
“As the fledgling industry evolves, connected devices require more functional chips packaged into one smaller SiP, longsys has devoted in this trend for years and now is the worldwide leading Wireless SiP technology provider,” Dave Pang says.
“We do not only put wireless chips together; but also work on SiP modules integrated sensors and gateways etc.”
Dave Pang predicted:
“In 5 years, more than 60% IoT and wearable products will incorporate SiP modules because of its mini size and more consistent RF performance.”
According to some marketing research firms, there will be more than 25 billion devices connected to internet by 2020.
“Longsys Technology IOT SiP products can provide a convenient way for developers to add connectivity to their smart products, at a wide range from wearables and home automation, to smart lighting and industrial applications, in a very compact size. It allows faster, simpler development for device manufacturers to produce desirable, functional IoT and wearable products.”
Dave Pang adds: “Together with Longsys Technology optimized firmware, and Wukoon@TM IoT cloud service, it helps customers targeting IoT markets to incorporate sophisticated predictive data analytics capabilities into their products, and helps developers to rapidly turn great ideas into market leading IoT products and applications.”
Longsys Technology Product Portfolio which will demonstrated during CES:
- LTP0201, the smallest IoT WiFi SiP module currently available in the industry, at 6mm x 6mm. It is specifically designed for low-power, small form-factor IoT applications.
- LTP3226, a WiFi + Bluetooth/BLE combo IoT SiP, provides both WiFi and Bluetooth connections, is a perfect solution for IoT products which need to interact with Bluetooth devices like wristbands, smart watches, and other high-end wearables.
- LTM5316 smart Super Gateway, it incorporates a 650MHz processor and on-board DRAM and flash memory, and includes Wi-Fi, Bluetooth/BLE and ZigBee connectivity. It is designed for use as home hubs, gateways edge computing and in industrial settings. LTM5216 supports local storage and computational capabilities which generally only be supported by large-scale cloud servers.
- IoT Software Stack: Longsys also comes with an optimized IoT software stack and tools based on Qualcomm IoT platform to accelerate product development. Developers can focus on application framework development while not building low-level software libraries.
- Wukoon cloud data service: Longsys Technology works with IBM on the SuperVessel IoT cloud data service, to provide high efficiency data storage, data analysis, and future Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning service. Wukoon@TM can provide 10 times plus read/write speed, and save more than 50% storage space, by using Time Series Data Base optimized for IoT.