Cumulocity launches the commercial availability of the enhanced Jasper Connector. Cumulocity launches support for various ‘low bandwidth’ solutions including SigFox, Actility LoRa as well as the future adoption of the new 3GPP NarrowBand Internet of Things (NB-IOT) standard. Cumulocity 7.0 commercially available.
Cumulocity launches the commercial availability of the enhanced Jasper Connector
The new and tighter integration between the Jasper SIM Management and Cumulocity IoT Application Enablement platform improves the usability as well as the service efficiency for enterprises and OEMs alike. Cumulocity’s existing operators customer will deploy the enhanced connector during 2Q2016.
Key benefits include:
- Increased automation in rollout processes for mass deployments
- Full end-to-end transparency on connectivity and machine data issues
- Increased troubleshooting support through SMS and machine data dialogs
- Improved fraud protection through SIM data and machine data correlations
Cumulocity launches support for various ‘low bandwidth’ solutions including SigFox, Actility LoRa as well as the future adoption of the new 3GPP NarrowBand Internet of Things (NB-IOT) standard
Cumulocity abstracts various APIs used by different low bandwidth access technologies and ensures a stable integration layer towards IT systems and applications. In practice this means that enterprises and OEMs using an industry standard solution already today can also deploy the 3GPP standard solution once it becomes available without IT system re-engineering.
Cumulocity 7.0 commercially available
The IoT platform release number 7 is focused on enhanced support for large, global deployments, device management improvements as well as various improvements.
Enhanced support for large, global deployments:
- Enhanced filtering, query features for improved user experience
- Improved mass operations to streamline deployment and in-life management for large number of assets
- Automated provisioning for various field bus and PLC systems
- Adding support for more languages
Device management improvements:
- Enhanced log files management for better issue resolutions
- Remote command execution through
- Better overall visualisation, reporting and dashboard capabilities
- Enhancements for adding smart rules / real-time analytics
- App hosting
Cumulocity 7.0 is already today running in large numbers of private clouds, and as a managed service in 5 continents, supporting global deployments.