Datavenue: a modular offer to help businesses develop innovative IoT-based services. Orange recognized by Gartner in the Leaders Quadrant for Managed Machine-to-Machine Services Worldwide.
Orange Business Services has announced the worldwide launch of Datavenue, its innovative internet of things (IoT) and data analytics modular offer.
Datavenue will help multinational and large national corporations seize the endless opportunities offered by the IoT revolution. Already 56 percent of decision makers consider IoT as strategic¹. Use cases include improving safety and user experience within smart cities by connecting street lights or parking meters, as well as improving quality of life by connecting medical devices to monitor a person’s health remotely.
With Datavenue, Orange Business Services gathers its long-standing expertise supported by 700 IoT and analytics experts worldwide, as well as data scientists, developers, consultants, statisticians and IoT security experts. Datavenue includes four modules:
- Select relevant objects and sources of data. Orange offers a full range of certified and tested connected objects, such as sensors, cameras or modules to connect existing assets. Datavenue has a catalog of data that includes population movement analytics using anonymized data from mobile networks.
- Connect objects reliably with the most suitable and secured networks. A truck travelling cross borders or an agricultural sensor in a field would require different networks. To adapt to the wide diversity of needs, Orange provides a broad range of connectivity options. These include future-proof global cellular networks and innovative capabilities, such as eUiCC, worldwide fixed and satellite networks, as well as low-power solutions, such as LoRa™.
- Manage data to improve efficiencies and create enhanced services. For example, a construction company can monitor cranes worldwide to prevent problems and reduce maintenance costs. Managing data in real-time enables technicians to solve issues remotely or to arrive on site with the right material, thereby reducing service interruptions. Orange offers both cloud-based and on-premises software solutions, encompassing remote device management, processing and visualization.
- Control key elements of enterprise transformation projects. Orange experts ensure end-to-end security and data protection, integration with information systems and service scalability. Throughout the entire project and beyond, customers can rely on Orange to ensure the solutions are future-proof and adapted to market evolutions.
Olivier Ondet, IoT and analytics vice president, Orange Business Services, says:
“We have developed extensive vertical expertise around IoT and data analytics in several sectors, including automotive, industry, smart cities, healthcare and smart homes. Our solutions have already improved performance and employee safety through industrial machinery monitoring, enhanced patient care with remote assistance, and enriched citizen well-being with smart city services. This is now all being brought together to support the international launch of Orange Datavenue.”
Datavenue was first launched in France in 2015. Orange today operates more than 10 million active B2B objects and processes 65 million items of technical data per minute – all fully compliant with data protection regulations.
IoT White Paper
Simplify IoT solution development with Intel and Microsoft
- Intelligent Edge White Paper Series -