Quectel Wireless Solutions recently announced the launch of its Proactive Security Solution for Intelligent Driving to enhance driving safety.
The solution supports Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) and Driver Monitoring System (DMS), and made its debut at China Unicom Global Partner Conference in Shanghai.
The Proactive Security Solution integrates Quectel multi-mode LTE Cat 6 smart modules SC600Y / SC600T and AI algorithm from third party to realize ADAS and DMS capabilities including monitoring irregular driving behaviors, conducting precise detection of vehicles & traffic signs, sending warnings of potential risks and more.
Regarding the ADAS, it can precisely identify and locate vehicles, pedestrians, lanes and traffic signs on the road and will send alerts to drivers if an imminent collision or an unintended lane departure is detected. Drivers will mainly receive four types of warnings including Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Headway Monitoring & Warning (HMW) and Forward Start Warning (FSW).
The Driver monitoring systems (DMS) supports facial recognition and detection, and is able to monitor driver attentiveness and measure eye blinks as well as head movements. Drivers will receive warnings on any distraction such as making or receiving a call, smoking, yawning or looking around. For buses, taxi-hailing services or long-distance passenger vehicles, this solution also allows administrators to know better about driver state and hence improve management accordingly.
Quectel Proactive Security Solution for Intelligent Driving features high performance and low cost, a rich set of interfaces and multiple HW development platforms, which will greatly cut design-in time and facilitate integration for customers and OEMs.
SC600T/SC600Y is Quectel’s new generation of multi-mode Smart LTE Cat 6 module with built-in Android 9.0 OS. Based on Qualcomm octa-core and 64-bit high-performance processors with built-in Adreno 506 GPU, SC600T/SC600Y are designed to support leading performance, various multimedia features and Quick Charge 3.0 technology. They are ideal for both industrial and consumer applications with high data-rate and multimedia functions.
- LTE Cat 6 modem supporting 2x20MHz carrier aggregation, with maximum download speed up to 300Mbps
- Worldwide LTE, UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
- Dual-band Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Dual LCDs and dual touch panels for independent display and operation: 1920×1200 @60fps for primary display and 1920×1080 @60fps for secondary display, Wi-Fi display
- Support up to four cameras, with two of them working simultaneously
- Multi-constellation GNSS receiver available for applications requiring fast and accurate fixes in any environment
- Support recording and playback of 4k videos at 30fps@SC600T/ 1080P videos at 60fps@SC600Y
- Android 9 support
- Global regulatory and carrier certifications
Free IoT White Paper