Inpixon, a leading indoor data company that specializes in delivering indoor intelligence, today announced that it is offering certain of its location-based technology applications and services without cost or at reduced rates (depending on the solution) to healthcare providers and other organizations that are seeking solutions to assist in controlling the spread of COVID-19 or in managing the impact of the pandemic to ensure the safety and well-being of citizens.
Inpixon’s indoor intelligence solutions can equip hospitals and other indoor spaces with a means to create situational awareness and visibility into the movement of people and equipment, identifying potential risk. The company’s technology, which consists of indoor maps, positioning tags and sensors, and analytics, can help address several critical use cases including the following:
- Publish near real-time color-coded maps for patients and staff showing quarantine vs. general population zones, closed areas, etc.
- Route patients along desired paths. Use intelligent indoor navigation to direct patients to particular entrances and along desired routes within the facility to help reduce exposure or congestion.
- Locate and visualize assets and people. Track scarce resources such as ventilators, wheelchairs, gurneys, etc. Trigger alerts when an asset enters or exits a designated area. Find key staff and track patient movements.
- Record and replay device movement for contact tracing through zones.
- Visualize indoor data live on a facility map. Display IoT sensor data (room temperature, equipment health, etc.) on the map.
- Analyze person and asset counts, dwell times and movements to assess the situation and identify trends. Utilize predictive analytics based on historical data.
“This pandemic has swept the globe, disrupting our lives in nearly every way. It is a tragedy of immense proportion, and with so many unknowns, we want to help provide indoor spaces with the tools and technology needed to enhance visibility, manage scarce resources, and reduce unnecessary exposure,” commented Inpixon’s CEO, Nadir Ali.
“Organizations will need to be prepared with solutions to assist them in managing and controlling the impact of this virus over the next 12 to 18 months. Our technology can help to provide a level of certainty in uncertain times. Whether that means diminishing the risk of infected parties coming into contact with others or contact tracing to identify the movement of an infection threat, Inpixon can power multiple location-based use cases and provide invaluable intelligence.”
“Our team is sensitive to the fact that many of the affected organizations who could benefit from our solutions are currently inundated responding to day-to-day demands. When the time is right, we encourage affected organizations that believe they could benefit from the company’s indoor intelligence technology to reach out. We are immensely grateful to those on the front lines of this pandemic and have personnel standing by to assist in offering solutions when needed.”
Government public health experts are seeking the support of technology companies to examine the ways in which location data can help in this time of crisis. Location technology plays a pivotal role in the fight against pandemics, and Inpixon urges organizations to take action and explore how to safeguard the public’s well-being. In the face of a global disruption such as what we are seeing with the COVID-19 coronavirus, we need to consider all the ways technology and innovation can equip us with tools to save lives.
Free IoT White Paper from market leaders
Enhancing IoT solutions
with AI, machine learning, and computer vision