Fibocom, a leading global provider of IoT (Internet of Things) wireless solution and wireless communication modules, announces the release of the new Wi-Fi 6 wireless module, W600, to deliver truly enhanced wireless throughput, latency, connection density, coverage and availability for all IoT scenarios by converging with Fibocom 5G module FG150.
Fibocom W600 Wi-Fi 6 module is based on Qualcomm QCA6391 platform, complies with IEEE standard 802.11.a/b/g/n/ac/ax, integrates with WLAN/BT processor, and supports data communication between Fibocom FG150 5G module through PCIe interface.
Wi-Fi 6, also known as 802.11.ax, builds on the technology legacies of earlier Wi-Fi generations to maintain compatibility with older wireless devices at 2.4 GHz. Simultaneously, it provides increased capacity and enhanced data rates within the 5-GHz channels of newer Wi-Fi generations. Whether its called IEEE 802.11 or Wi-Fi, wireless networks have become an increasingly important part of many lives worldwide, whether in fixed environments such as homes or factories or in large public domains like convention centers, museums, or even in a sporting stadium. Demand for increased capacity and throughput speeds grows as users add more wireless devices to each network and expect faster response times as they download large files or even stream their favorite video programming.
- High Speed: Wi-Fi 6 transmits beamforming to support higher data rates within a given range, thereby providing greater network capacity. The highest theoretical rate reaches 9.6Gbps.
- Low latency: Wi-Fi 6 supports OFDMA technology, which can effectively share channels for both uplink and downlink to improve network efficiency and reduce latency.
- High Capacity: Wi-Fi 6 supports MU-MIMO, allowing more downlink data to be transmitted at a time, allowing the access point to transmit data to more devices at the same time.
- Low Power Consumption: Wi-Fi 6 supports TWT (Target Wake Time), which significantly extends the battery life of Wi-Fi devices, such as IoT terminal devices.
IoT Devices Enabled by Fibocom Wi-Fi 6 and 5G Converged Solution
- Indoor/Outdoor CPE: The deployment of 5G base stations has not been fully rolled out yet, and the coverage of the 5G network in private areas is not very good. Outdoor CPE embedded with Wi-Fi 6 +5G modules can enhance network signals and achieves good coverage indoor. Indoor CPE, embedded with Wi-Fi 6 module, can meet access of more terminals, and guarantee each terminal’s high-speed and low-latency experience, For example, in case of indoor cloud game, the Wi-Fi 6 enabled FWA devices can meet the indoor multi-screen interactive requirements of ultra-high definition broadband videos.
- OTT Box: OTT box embedded with Wi-Fi 6 and 5G converged solution can provide enhanced wireless performance to meet the requirements of 4K/8K streaming video in the 5G era.
- 5G DTU: DTU embedded with Wi-Fi 6 and 5G converged solution can meet the real-time data transmission requirements in the smart factory scenarios, such as 5G AGV/IGV, 4K/8K video surveillance, flexible production, and predictive maintenance.
Currently, Fibocom W600 Wi-Fi module is in the stage of engineering sample and will be ready for mass production in September this year.