The new LongFi GPS Tracker Taps into the World’s Largest Decentralized Wireless Network.
Invoxia, a global leader in consumer and professional trackers that monitor cars, motorcycles, people, and valuables, today announced the launch of its new LongFi GPS Tracker.
Invoxia is the first consumer tracker with intelligent anti-theft alerts on the market to be powered by Helium, the world’s first peer-to-peer wireless network that compensates people with cryptocurrency for establishing and sharing Hotspots. The game changing network provides a secure and cost-effective way for low-power Internet of Things (IoT) devices to send data to and from the internet without cellular infrastructure.
Helium is building the world’s largest decentralized wireless network, “The People’s Network”, to simplify connecting devices to the internet by rewarding anyone to become a network operator. With open source blockchain technology, individuals are incentivized to deploy Hotspots, which simultaneously mine the cryptocurrency HNT and provide LoRaWAN network coverage for hundreds of square miles. The Helium Network has seen staggering growth since its inception with the number of Hotspots increasing ten-fold since January 2020 to over 80,000 in July 2021.
The Network leverages highly efficient low power radio protocols requiring very little energy but covering vast areas, as little as 150-200 Hotspots are needed to cover a city the size of Austin. This allows the Invoxia LongFi GPS tracker to conserve battery life and avoids expensive service charges providing customers with an even more affordable way to track. Beyond Texas, New York City, San Francisco and Chicago are already home to hundreds of active Hotspots with thousands more being deployed every week.
Amélie Caudron, CEO of Invoxia, said:
“With support from Helium, we are able to expand our product offerings to utilize the exciting technology of LongFi that is changing the way IoT devices connect.”
“The Invoxia LongFi GPS Tracker has reliable and secure, out-of-the-box connectivity thanks to Helium’s vast Network. It allows people to keep track of their valuables from their phone, receiving real-time updates when their items are moved, tampered with or taken outside of designated areas. All while free from expensive cellular plans and difficult to cancel contracts.”
Available today, the LongFi GPS Tracker is a discreet and portable device that can be placed virtually anywhere, including pockets, gloveboxes, bags, and luggage for accurate tracking and protection. It connects with an accompanying app (iOS and Android) to allow people to monitor their belongings or vehicles and be alerted in real-time of suspicious activity. The tracker has a host of advanced features, an extended six-month battery life, and uses a novel combination of radio and sensor technology to allow it to work both indoors and outdoors.
The LongFi GPS Tracker is ideal for keeping cars, bikes, motorcycles, and scooters safe or locating often misplaced valuables like bags, luggage, backpacks, and more. Its features include:
- GPS Tracking -Visualize the exact location of vehicles or valuables at any time within the companion app. Location data can be requested any time or sent every 2, 5 or 10 minutes when on the move.
- History – See precise route of the LongFi GPS Tracker during any time period.
- Anti-Theft Alerts – Receive notifications in real-time when an item is moved or suspicious activity is detected. Alerts can be triggered by moving an item or by gentle vibrations such as lock tampering.
- SOS button – Emergency button feature helps notify an individual if their loved one is in trouble through a push notification or can be customized using IFTTT.
- Geofencing Alerts – Set geographic areas in companion app to be notified when LongFi GPS Tracker enters or leaves the security zone.
- Proximity Radar and Ringer – Access hot/cold proximity radar on a smartphone or make it ring to find valuables more easily inside and outdoors.
- IFTTT Compatibility – Connect the LongFi GPS Tracker to favorite connected products and services to automatically trigger actions.
“Helium is honored to welcome Invoxia to its open-source ecosystem in order to protect valuables and loved ones,” said Frank Mong, Helium’s COO. “Products like Invoxia’s LongFi GPS tracker demonstrate what’s possible on a decentralized wireless network owned and operated by the people, and continue to drive consumer adoption and demand for Data Credits on the Helium Blockchain. As our community grows, we are excited to see the additional innovations that are enabled by companies like Invoxia.”
Priced at $129 with a three-year subscription (then $19.99/year), the Invoxia LongFi GPS Tracker is available today, on Invoxia.com/longfi. It has an ultra-thin black aluminum case with leather cord and includes a rechargeable battery that lasts up to six months. “Being part of the ever-growing People’s Network is extremely exciting for us here at CalChip Connect,” said TJ Rancour, President. “Our company is actively looking for new Helium Network Compatible solutions to offer to the community and to see Invoxia’s LongFi GPS Tracker launch today is truly a milestone for all of us,” he said.