Innovation meets hydration as T-Mobile helps the Miami startup modernize access to public drinking water with IoT.
- What’s the news: HOPE Hydration (HOPE), maker of smart-city water refill stations, announced T-Mobile as the connectivity and IoT provider for its sustainable HydroStation® technology.
- Why it matters: People are drinking more bottled water than ever and it’s taking a serious toll on our environment. So, HOPE is modernizing access to public drinking water to make clean, filtered water more sustainable and available.
- Who it’s for: Event organizers, municipalities, or anyone looking to serve up free, clean, filtered water with minimal environmental impact.
Today, HOPE Hydration (HOPE), maker of smart-city water refill stations, announced T-Mobile as its connectivity and IoT provider in the U.S.
HOPE will rely on T-Mobile’s award-winning network and IoT solutions to offer an environmentally sustainable model for bringing free, filtered, and temperature-controlled drinking water to the masses at major events and urban hubs around the country.
According to the Container Recycling Institute, 86% of disposable water bottles used in the U.S. become litter ― adding 38 billion disposable water bottles to landfills. Joining forces with leading cities and partners, HOPE is on a mission to reduce waste and ensure that everyone around the world has equal access to free, high-quality drinking water. Winner of the CES 2023 Smart City Innovation Award, HOPE’s HydroStations dispense free Pentair1 Everpure® filtered and chilled water touch-free, to help reduce contaminants.
These tech-savvy water refill stations are dripping with innovation and the latest IoT technology ― and thanks to T-Mobile, HOPE can keep near real-time tabs on all their filling stations to:
- Ensure proper water temperature and filter quality
- Monitor usage and the amount of water dispensed
- Calculate the amount of plastic and carbon dioxide saved
- Manage in-unit advertising displays
- Control settings and scheduled maintenance
- Enable partnering brands to track and achieve sponsorship and sustainability goals
- Deliver critical over-the-air firmware and software updates
“HOPE Hydration is thrilled to work with T-Mobile as our connectivity and IoT provider,” said Jorge Richardson, Founder and CEO of HOPE Hydration.
“We believe access to free, clean water is a human right. This collaboration allows us to bring HOPE, and our stations to the next level while building smart-city solutions for a more sustainable future.”
“We’re all about leveraging our network, scale and resources to be a force for good in the world we live in, and it’s clear that HOPE shares that passion,” said Callie Field, President, T-Mobile Business Group. “Access to clean, sustainable drinking water lies at the core of societal and environmental well-being — and we love how HOPE’s innovative HydroStation technology is creating more access while reducing environmental impact.”