886-Percent Increase in Network Location Transactions Makes Locaid the Largest “Location-as-a-Service” Company
Added more than 100 customers. Launched service on all Tier 1 North American wireless carriers. Raised $13 million in Series C funding. Those are just three milestones that Locaid Technologies®, the world’s first and largest Location-as-a-Service (LaaS) company, achieved in 2011.
Locaid’s major accomplishments in 2011, which led to securing the No. 1 market-leadership position, include:
- Surpassed all other network location providers in terms of volume, with a 886-percent increase in transactions.
- Achieved 99.99 percent uptime, an industry record.
- Launched more than 100 large enterprise and mobile companies on the company’s patented, Locaid Xchange Platform™ (LXG™). These new customers include three of the five largest machine-to-machine (M2M) companies and more than half of the top SMS marketers, including iLoop Mobile and Sixth Sense Media.
- Launched as a preferred provider of location services on all Tier-1 carriers in North America, including AT&T, Rogers, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless.
- Selected by AT&T to enable its new Location Information Services platform, which provides mobile location information to verticals such as banking, mobile marketing, M2M and education.
- Launched by Verizon Wireless as its only business solution partner for network location.
- Selected by the financial services industry as the only location gateway suitable for fraud management for banks and card issuers. Locaid now is the network location gateway for five of the 10 largest U.S. credit card issuers, half of the largest U.S. credit cards and seven of the top 10 U.S. banks.
- Launched Instant Locate, the first Web service that enables instant access to carrier location information.
- Closed the largest venture capital round in network location service history: $13 million from HIG, Intersouth Partners and Hamilton Lane’s Florida Growth Fund.
- Won CTIA’s “Big Idea” in Innovation Award for LOCAIDER, a consumer privacy management application, and received the RCR Wireless Award for “Most Innovative Start-Up Company in Mobile.”
- Held the first Locaid executive offsite meeting at Burning Man in Black Rock City, Nev.
“We’re just getting started,” said Rip Gerber, Locaid president and CEO.
“Draw three intersecting circles – mobile, location and cloud – and Locaid sits right smack in the middle. We are enabling companies and developers to locate every single one of their employees, assets, customers, all through a single API and all permission-based. By making location access simple, we make our customers very happy.”