Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Mobile M2M Modules report, which provides market size, analysis, forecasts, and trends for mobile machine-to-machine (M2M) modules by technology, vertical, and region.
Godfrey Chua, directing analyst for M2M and connected world at Infonetics Research, notes:
“The mobile M2M module segment of the M2M market scaled to new heights in 2012 and then again in the first half of 2013, but as with any evolving industry, this is happening amidst a dynamic, and at times challenging, environment.”
“We expect the next 12 to 36 months to bring further industry consolidation and continued vetting of M2M business models. These factors, when coupled with macroeconomic issues including a tepid U.S. recovery and uncertainty in Europe and the ongoing transitions between technology platforms (2G to 3G to 4G), temper the near-term growth prospects of mobile M2M modules. Overcoming these challenges will be key to laying the foundation for the accelerated growth we anticipate in a few years.”
MOBILE M2M MODULE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- In the first half of 2013 (1H13), the global mobile M2M module market totaled $849 million, a 10% increase over the second half of 2012 (2H12)
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE made up 59% of units shipped 1H13; this share will decline as the transition to 3G proceeds and eventually 4G accelerates
- LTE will account for as much as 12% of mobile M2M module revenue by 2017
- On the vendor front, activities such as Sierra Wireless’s acquisition of AnyData and Telit’s purchase of ILS Technology signal continued vendor consolidation
- Turning in an especially strong performance in 1H13, North America remains the leading region for mobile M2M modules, followed by EMEA, Asia Pacific, and Latin America
- Infonetics projects mobile M2M module revenue to almost double to $3 billion by 2017, a 2012–2017 CAGR of 14%
M2M REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ mobile M2M modules report provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for mobile M2M modules (units, revenue, ARPU) by technology and vertical (utilities/smart grid, automotive/transport/logistics, security/surveillance, retail/vending, healthcare, other).
The report includes a Customer Wins tracker with updates on activity by equipment manufacturers including Brightsky, Cinterion, Encore Networks, Gemalto, Huawei, Mesh Systems, Multi-tech Systems, Novatel Wireless, nPhase, Quake Global, Sierra Wireless/Sagemcom, Simcon Wireless, Skywave and Telit. Service providers and enterprises noted include Aeris, Ambient, AT&T, Digital Communications, du, EDMI, Geacom, Ground Lab, M2M Data Corporation, Motorola, Numerex, Orbcomm, Pomdevices, PositiveID, Redtail Telematics, Rogers Wireless, SK Telecom, Softbank, Sprint, Telstra, Verizon Wireless, and others. To buy report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
IoT in Action Nuremberg
Only a few days left to register and join us at the IoT in Action event in Nuremberg (Germany)!
Don’t wait, register for free now.
February 25, 2019