IoT market moves from pilots to full-scale projects requiring local support worldwide.
At the EE Live! Conference today, Libelium confirmed the expansion of its distribution network to VARs in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America to meet the strong demand for IoT applications in agriculture, environmental control, Smart Cities and Smart Water.
Libelium’s local distributors in the U.S., Australia, China, Germany, New Zealand and South Korea will sell and deploy IoT solutions based on Libelium’s Waspmote wireless sensor platform. Asia Pacific includes some of the world’s fastest growing urban areas: Navigant Research forecasts that annual Smart City investment in Asia Pacific will quadruple by 2023, to reach $11.3 billion. Similarly, market momentum in Europe and North America is strong for precision agriculture and Smart Cities projects now progressing from pilot to full-scale rollout. Libelium has opened a U.S. office to support customers in these markets.
Libelium Distributor Network: www.libelium.com/contact/#distributors
Javier Martinez, Libelium Vice President, Business Development, said:
“Currently, 80 percent of Libelium’s revenues come from export, with our wireless sensor network technology deployed in agriculture and Smart City projects that require local partners.”
“Many cities in developing and developed countries are adopting sensor solutions to reduce energy use, monitor environmental conditions, optimize mobility, and to improve infrastructure for the future.”
Libelium is poised to expand its global distribution network on five continents in 2014, with special interest for VARs in LATAM and the Middle East. To locate or propose a distributor, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Libelium Distributors / VARs
- Australia/New Zealand: M2M Connectivity provides distribution and technical support for wireless M2M products and technologies including cellular (LTE/3G/GSM), satellite (Iridium/Inmarsat/Globalstar), industrial short-range wireless (Bluetooth, WLAN, ZigBee) and modems, modules and accessories. www.m2mconnectivity.com.au
- China: PuTianTongDa Technologies (PUTD), a network equipment supplier and services company located in Beijing, serves customers in the areas of environmental protection, meteorological monitoring, petrochemical, power transmission, transportation and water conservation. www.putd.com
- Europe: EXP GmbH – Germany
EXP-Tech is one of the largest DIY online shops in Europe. www.exp-tech.de
- North America: Premier Wireless Solutions (PWS) is a value-added distributor and solutions provider offering a full spectrum of RF technologies, systems integration services, testing & certification, and cellular data plans. www.pwsstore.com
- South Korea: Founded in 2012, IREXNET is active in three key business areas: network integration, solution integration, and IoT products. www.irexnet.co.kr
- Worldwide: The online DIY retail store Cooking Hacks serves developers, designers, engineers, inventors, and makers for projects with sensors, robotics, actuators, Arduino and Raspberry Pi. Creators of the Arduino Xbee shield, among other add-ons, Cooking Hacks began selling Waspmote OEM worldwide in September 2012. www.cooking-hacks.com