Major Airlines Approve New Cargo Tracking Devices on Aircraft.
AT&T can help businesses better manage their shipments on the road and even in the sky.
AT&T Cargo View with FlightSafe®, allows companies to remotely monitor the conditions of their shipped assets and minimize the risk of damaged, lost or stolen cargo.
FlightSafe®, a feature included with AT&T Cargo View, makes it possible for a device to automatically transition to airplane mode so that it travels in an FAA compliant mode on the aircraft. Major airline companies including Air Canada, Delta Air Lines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest Airlines, UPS, and others have approved AT&T Cargo View with FlightSafe devices for use on their aircraft.
Companies can use AT&T Cargo View with FlightSafe to locate deliveries in near-real time and monitor the condition of valuable goods such as pharmaceuticals, electronics, sensitive documents, agricultural products and artwork. Small and light-weight sensor-based devices are placed in shipments to continuously monitor the well-being of their valuable cargo. Unlike most tracking devices, AT&T Cargo View with FlightSafe is safe for aircraft and can be used regardless of transit mode.
AT&T Cargo View with FlightSafe monitors, records and communicates:
- Location – Using GPS, the service pinpoints the location of cargo as the aircraft lands so shippers can better support delivery and logistics scheduling.
- Temperature – View temperature levels of sensitive cargo such as foods, pharmaceuticals and other perishables.
- Pressure – Monitor items that are more susceptible to pressure changes at different altitudes such as medical supplies and thin glass.
- Light – Send an alert to logistics managers that light is detected inside a container, signaling the cargo might have been accidentally or purposely opened while in transit.
- Shock – Safeguard that shock levels are maintained so fragile items are handled with care.
AT&T Cargo View with FlightSafe gives businesses, organizations and third-party logistics (3PL) providers the enhanced visibility needed to improve operations and meet compliance requirements. With this mobile solution, delivery managers can quickly react to customizable alerts that signal potential damage, unauthorized entry, and other environmental changes that impact the condition of cargo.
“Delivering valuable assets on time and in the right condition is a top priority for businesses,” said Abhi Ingle, senior vice president, Advanced Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions.
“Companies that transport materials such as medical supplies, electronics and mechanical parts can rely on AT&T Cargo View with FlightSafe to accurately report the location and condition of their shipment. We’re helping delivery services be more dependable.”
A recent study conducted by eft (eyefortransport) reported that within the next three years, 60% of businesses plan to deploy M2M solutions for near real-time monitoring, data collection, and operational visibility.1
AT&T M2M technology provides transport, platform, and vertical solutions that can help companies increase efficiency and reduce costs. With over 17 million connected devices on its network, AT&T is a global leader in developing and deploying M2M communications.
AT&T Cargo View with FlightSafe is available to business customers in September.