OriginGPS’ New Multi Micro Spider Supports GPS, Glonass, BeiDou and Galileo, Featuring MediaTek Technology for Optimal Performance, Signal Accuracy and Power Efficiency Within Ultra-Small Size.
OriginGPS, one of the leading manufacturers of miniature Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) modules, announced today the launch of their new revolutionary Multi Micro Spider, boasting the world’s smallest footprint within a fully integrated and highly sensitive multi-GNSS module.
The Multi Micro Spider is uniquely positioned for applications that require quick movement, minimal power consumption and ultra-small form factors, ranging from wearables to drones.
Like its predecessor, the Multi Micro Hornet (ORG1510-MK), the Multi Micro Spider’s (ORG4033) module utilizes MediaTek’s MT3333 chip and its onboard flash memory to achieve a rapid update rate and positioning speed of up to 10Hz.
“With the Multi Micro Spider, we’re breaking new ground in what’s possible with GNSS footprints,” said Gal Jacobi, CEO of OriginGPS. “In fact, the new Multi Micro Spider is the smallest multi-GNSS module ever created. It’s a plug and play solution that will enable developers to easily improve performance of products while shortening time to market.”
“Because of its size, low power consumption and high performance, the Multi Micro Spider is the perfect GPS and GNSS solution to power the location services for a wearable out on the go to a UAV tracking action sports.”
The Multi Micro Spider’s key features include:
- Peak performance with ultra-small size – At just 5.6 mm x 5.6 mm, with a height of 2.65 mm, the Multi Micro Spider packs in a sub-one second Time To First Fix (TTFF) and an industry-leading sensitivity of -165dBm for two simultaneous constellations. All of this achieved using less than 9 mW of power.
- OriginGPS’ Noise Free Zone (NFZ)™ – The ORG4033 utilizes OriginGPS’ patented and proprietary NFZ technology for continued noise immunity and razor-sharp sensitivity even in poor signal conditions.
- Onboard flash for market-leading update rate – With an onboard flash memory and an update rate of up to 10Hz, the Multi Micro Spider breaks the market’s standard update rate benchmark of 5Hz for positioning, accurate to within 2.5 meters.
- Intuitive design that facilitates shorter time to market – The Multi Micro Spider makes use of a developer-friendly design that allows for seamless migration from GPS to GNSS pin-to-pin compatibility. This both reduces overall development costs for new products and shortens their time to market.
- Easy integration with OriginGPS’ miniature GNSS antenna solutions – The Multi Micro Spider can be easily integrated with the ORG12-4T-GNSS miniature patch antenna to get the best performance out of a compact form-factor.
Utilizing MediaTek’s MT3333 chip, the Multi Micro Hornet extends the functionality of GPS and GNSS solutions in wearables, drones and Internet of Things devices, providing a highly integrated multi-GNSS solution that delivers the world’s smallest footprint, without sacrificing any of its superior power consumption, signal sensitivity and accuracy.