SIGFOX won the award for the ‘Best Mobile Innovation for Internet of Things’ at Mobile World Congress today.
The award is based on:
- Genuine innovation in terms of functionality
- Real-world applicability, i.e. demonstration of fulfilling a valuable need
- Viability of business model and market potential
- Clever use of mobile network connectivity
- Usability & Value: ease of use, and benefits
- Evidence of market acceptance
SIGFOX, which created the category of connectivity called Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) networks, highlighted in its award form the company’s adaptation of ultra narrow band (UNB) technology for the Internet of Things. This solution allows countless objects to transmit small amounts of data over very long distances using minimal power.