iZeptoCell Offers Zero-Touch Provisioning And Cuts Up to 25 Percent of Estimated Operational.
Kerlink today announced its new LoRaWAN® indoor gateway designed to help smart cities, factories, warehouses, and building owners and operators easily support the booming number of connected sensors and devices of massive IoT.
Kerlink’s Wirnet™ iZeptoCell gateway is designed to reliably and seamlessly support low-power, wide-area-network (LPWAN) and LoRaWAN® technology, which is ideally suited to handle the three key characteristics of massive IoT:
- the huge number of individual endpoints (sensors or devices) connected to IoT networks,
- the increasing challenges for network coverage of remote and widely dispersed endpoints or deep inside building installations in basements and underground, and
- the soaring amounts of small data packages sent to the edge and to the cloud from the endpoints, requiring only low latency and small bandwidth.
Jean-Philippe Balberde, Kerlink’s innovative products and solutions marketing manager, said:
“This new member of Kerlink’s Wirnet iSeries is not only the newest Kerlink product, it embodies a brand-new fully operational design combining hardware, software and value-added services that are critical for massive IoT and improved end-user experience.”
Although global forecasts of installed IoT end devices are regularly updated as their actual deployment increases, massive IoT generally refers to billions of such devices. Gartner expects more than 15 billion IoT devices will connect to the enterprise infrastructure by 2029.
Simple, Flexible and Plug-and-Play IoT Gateway
The new gateway allows network operators and owners to overcome the three main challenges common to deployment of customized and private indoor LoRaWAN networks designed for massive IoT:
- Simple and quick installation in varied environments because of its compatibility with different sources of power, such as multi-blade AC-DC power supply, USB and power-over-ethernet (PoE) splitters,
- Flexible optimized backhaul versions with Ethernet or native LTE-M links, priced to accommodate customers’ different network configurations, as well as budgets, and
- Strictly plug-and-play thanks to market leading key features like zero-touch provisioning, eliminating the need for users’ technical expertise.
Wirnet™ iZeptoCell is available in two versions that differ only in their backhaul option:
to connect to Local Area Network
to connect to Wireless Access Networks (LTE-M)
“Wirnet™ iZeptoCell is the perfect alliance between an innovative new hardware using the latest technologies, such as Sx1302, internal antennas and native cellular backhaul, and Kerlink’s well-known, powerful software synonym for operational excellence, currently installed on more than 70,000 gateways around the world,” Balberde said.
“The result is a timely, market-responsive gateway that addresses the demands of massive IoT, and which embodies Kerlink’s industrial-grade technical expertise with both superb radio performance and impressive product reliability.”
Remote Expert Management Tools
Wirnet™ iZeptoCell is natively associated with the Wanesy™ Management Plane (WMP), a set of tools dedicated to remote network-performance monitoring and diagnostics to deliver stability, availability, and reliability. WMP is a subset of the Wanesy Management Center (WMC) carrier-grade capabilities that allow customers to perform targeted network exploitation and optimization through gateway configuration, monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting.
API-first designed, and user-friendly, interfaces simplify network remote deployment and ongoing operations, to maximize quality of service over time. For example, WMP can help network operators automatically update with the latest firmware and software, orchestrate downloads and configurations, or identify needs for network densification.
This native combination of hardware equipment and software management tools also can help operators to achieve a reduction of operational costs up to 25 percent.